Robotics is a great way for kids to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). It can also help them develop problem-solving skills, creativity, and teamwork. There are many fun robotics activities that kids can do, even if they don't have any prior experience.
Here are 10 fun robotics activities for kids:
1. Build a robot with WhalesBot
WhalesBot is the perfect hands-on STEM education robotics for kids. The company's kits are designed to be easy to use and fun, making them the perfect way for kids to learn about STEM subjects and have fun at the same time. WhalesBot's kits are also affordable, making them a great option for families on a budget.
2. Program a robot with Scratch
Scratch is a free programming language that is designed for kids. It is easy to use and allows kids to create their own interactive stories, games, and animations.
3. Enter a robotics competition
There are many robotics competitions for kids of all ages. These competitions are a great way for kids to learn from other kids and to showcase their skills. For example, ENJOY-AI is a non-profit organization that promotes STEM education and robotic competition for youth. The organization hosts a variety of events and programs worldwide. ENJOY-AI's vision is to inspire the next generation of innovators and to create a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn about and use technology.
4. Attend a robotics summer camp
Robotics summer camps are a great way for kids to learn about robotics in a fun and engaging environment. But if this is not your thing, check out How to Keep Your Kids Active and Learn During the Summer Without Joining a STEM Summer Camp or Robotics Camp, I’m sure you will find some useful answers for there.
5. Read books about robotics
There are many great books about robotics for kids. These books can help kids learn about the history of robotics, the different types of robots, and how robots are used in the world today.
6. Watch movies and TV shows about robotics
There are many great movies and TV shows about robotics for kids. These movies and TV shows can help kids learn about the potential of robotics and the challenges that robots face.
• WALL-E (2008): This Pixar film tells the story of a lonely robot who is left on Earth to clean up the planet after humans have abandoned it. WALL-E learns about friendship, love, and the importance of protecting the environment.
• Robots (2005): This animated film from Dreamworks tells the story of Rodney Copperbottom, a young robot who dreams of becoming a great inventor. Rodney sets out on a journey to the big city, where he meets a cast of colorful characters and learns about the importance of following your dreams.
• Big Hero 6 (2014): This Disney film tells the story of Hiro Hamada, a young robotics prodigy who teams up with his friends to form a superhero team. Hiro and his friends use their robots to fight crime and protect their city.
• My Life as a Teenage Robot (2003-2007): This Nickelodeon show tells the story of Jenny Wakeman, a teenage robot who is created by her scientist father. Jenny is a normal teenager who wants to fit in, but she also has to deal with the challenges of being a robot.
• Cyberchase (1996-2002): This PBS show teaches kids about math and science through the adventures of three friends: Jackie, Matt, and Inez. The friends use their math and science skills to solve problems and defeat the evil Dr. Animo.
7. Talk to a robotics engineer
If you know a robotics engineer, ask them to talk to your child about their job. Robotics engineers can share their passion for robotics with kids and inspire them to pursue a career in STEM.
8. Visit a robotics museum
There are many robotics museums around the world. These museums can help kids learn about the history of robotics, the different types of robots, and how robots are used in the world today.
9. Start a robotics club at your school
If there is no robotics club at your child's school, start one! Robotics clubs are a great way for kids to learn about robotics with other kids who share their interests.
10. Use robotics to solve real-world problems
There are many ways that robots can be used to solve real-world problems. Kids can use their creativity and problem-solving skills to come up with new ways to use robots to make the world a better place.
The recent ENJOY-AI robotics competitions in China are a great way for kids to learn from other kids and to showcase their skills. The competitions are divided into four sections: Summer Sports, China Tour, City Trip, and Home Automation. Kids compete in teams of two or three to build and program robots that can perform specific tasks. The tasks are designed to test the kids' creativity, problem-solving skills, and engineering knowledge.
WhalesBot is a proud sponsor of the ENJOY-AI robotics competitions. WhalesBot believes that robotics is a great way for kids to learn about STEM subjects, develop problem-solving skills, and make friends. WhalesBot is also committed to promoting STEM education and inspiring kids to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
If you are looking for fun and educational robotics activities for your kids, I encourage you to check out the resources listed above. Robotics is a great way for kids to learn about STEM subjects, develop problem-solving skills, make friends, and have fun at the same time.